Care Assistant, Edgbaston
£9.00 - £18.00 per hour plus 20p mileage allowance
Full and part-time hours
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Would you like to make a difference to the life of an older person and someone like Jean*?
There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Care Assistant could be perfect for you. We have part time and full-time hours available in the Edgbaston, Harborne, Quinton, Bearwood, Frankley, Selly Oak, Bournville, Kings Norton, Bordesley Green, Ward End, Washwood Heath, Small Heath, Spark Hill, Moseley, Kings Heath, May Pole, Yardley, Acocks Green and Wthyall areas of the West Midlands.
My name is *Jean and I live at home in my own house with all my memories. Since my husband passed away, I am very lonely. Things I used to find easy are now becoming difficult and I can’t keep up with my daily duties. I have a wonderful small team of carers. One is called Claire and she comes to see me 5 times a week. Sometimes she helps to get me up in the morning, washed and dressed and makes my breakfast.
We sit and chat for a bit and then she will say goodbye, as I know she must go and visit someone else who needs help. Some days Claire comes back to see me at lunch time, reminds me to take my medication and makes me a healthy meal. Whilst I am eating my lunch, she is very kind and does a little housework. She sometimes takes me out to the local shops or to go my dancing class with my friends. Some days she may also come back to help me up the stairs to bed. I am so grateful for Claire and the rest of my team, they are like my extended family and I don’t know what I’d do without them, I always look forward to seeing them.”
Come and join the best!
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning provider who is proud to deliver high quality homecare and companionship to older people in their own homes. They always put the individual at the heart of the service, and they are passionate about providing a service that allows an individual to live independently and maintain the quality of life they deserve.
Benefits & Hours:
- Full and part-time hours, between 5-40 hours per week available - if you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on alternate weekends, then this position could be ideal for you.
- Paid mileage;
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata);
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Pension scheme;
- Excellent award-winning training and support is provided including support to obtain further qualifications courses so you can further your talents;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day, putting a smile on an older person’s face and being part of a wonderful team.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.