We are looking for a night owl to become a Waking Nights Care Assistant in the Hartlepool area and across the Cleveland area. It would be great if you are a seasoned expert in this area, however no experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence, have access to a reliable vehicle and it would be an immediate advantage if you have a transferrable DBS.
If you want to do something more fulfilling, as long as you have a caring nature and the right qualities, then this could be for you. There are long-term prospects too, with opportunities to progress and build a rewarding career.
You could be joining a CQC “Outstanding” service who focus on a companionship led care service, they are also in the top 20 care providers in the North East. They have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on building great relationships with just a handful of elderly clients. The company has also recently been voted a 5* employer, so this is a company that you can be proud to be a part of.
As a Waking Night Care Assistant, you will support older people who need extra support or reassurances at night-time to enable them to happily, safely and in their own home, where they want to be. You would be making a massive difference to their lives, helping them to stay in the place they cherish the most and at a time like this, you are needed more than ever. The role will involve:
- Helping the clients get out of bed with the use of a hoist.
- Helping them get washed/showered and dressed & other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast in the morning.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Being a listening ear and to treat clients with the respect and dignity that everyone deserves.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £92.50 per night, usually a 10-hour shift, 10pm- 8am (pro rata £9.25 per hour), though hours can vary between clients.
- Holiday pay, pension entitlements, mileage allowances.
- Benefit scheme – real discounts across numerous big-name businesses.
- Employee Assistance Scheme.
- Many training courses to choose from for job excellence and personal career development.
Please provide a cover letter with your application, telling us why you feel being a Waking Night Care Assistant is the right job for you. Just sending a CV is not enough; that doesn’t tell us about ‘you’ as a person. We would like to know what makes you an ideal candidate, even if you have had no formal, previous experience. If you have any questions about this role or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.