We are looking for a Young Adult Support Workers close to the Cambridge area of Cambridgeshire. Previous experience is beneficial but not essential as training is provided. What is important is having the right attitude and qualities to make a difference to young lives.
This job is approximately a 25-minute commute from Cambridge via the M11 and A10. It is also a short 15-minute train journey on the Thameslink service to London.
This is only the start of your career you could be a Manager of the future! We are looking for someone to support our client’s amazing young people grow and flourish. Be part of residential and learning environment for young adults with severe and profound physical and Learning Disabilities, set up to be a haven for these young people. The organisation was founded by a CEO who is a passionate advocate for children & young adults with learning difficulties. When he set up his company, he founded it saying “Things can be done better. We can make a difference.”
A Support Worker you will be helping young adults with severe and profound learning and physical disabilities to have the best quality of life. In the morning you will help them get dressed, encourage them to get washed, and assist with their breakfast. You would encourage them to participate in activities and hobbies and help them find what they are passionate about, so they can achieve all their goals. The adults are always getting involved in activities such as Forestry scheme, Enterprise scheme, rock climbing or even going to the pub!
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £8.75 - £9.40 per hour DOE.
- Full time hours, 40 hours per week including alternate weekends.
- Part-time & flexible hours also available - minimum of 24 hours.
- Variety of shifts available (all include alternate weekends).
- Long days - 8am – 9pm (includes 2 half hour break).
- Waking nights – 8:45pm – 8:15am (2 half hour breaks).
- Earlies – 8am – 4:30pm, Lates 12:30pm – 9pm.
- Part-time shifts - 8am-2pm, 8am-4pm or 3.30pm-8.30pm.
- Generous benefits package, including high street discounts, childcare vouchers, & more.
- 30 days holiday.
- Fantastic career progression and ongoing training.
Every person deserves to be encouraged to be the best they can be and have the best chance in life! This is a job that is not only a career, but is so rewarding, you will make a difference and have lots of laughter every day!
If you are excited by this job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.