Are you someone who wants to make a difference in children’s lives? Are you passionate and committed? Then we have the job for you! Read on to find out more……
Who are we looking for?
Amegreen are looking for people who want to make a difference to the lives of children who reside in our homes to join our ever-growing team and continue the outstanding care we aspire to.
Ideally, we are looking for experienced therapeutic practitioners to work in our primary home with children aged between 5 years and 12 years. However, if this sounds like the job for you but you have not worked within residential care before, don't worry. We will support and train you to gain the experience needed to become a qualified care worker in children’s residential care.
We are looking for someone who is confident, adaptable, resilient, self-aware and attuned. Someone who enjoys being with children and can provide an enriched and thriving environment. You will be able to provide a safe, secure and containing space where children can feel comfortable to express themselves
Experience of working with children is desirable however, if this is new to you, training and development opportunities are available to support your professional development
Diploma Level 3 qualification would be an advantage although a fantastic training package is available alongside opportunities for professional growth and supervision.
The role is working a 40-hour working week, including weekends and Bank Holidays to include sleep in shifts each week.
The shift patterns are:
7.00am - 3.00pm
2.00pm - 10.00pm
7.00am - 10.00pm
What does the job entail?
· To act as a positive role model for the Children and Young People within Amegreen Children’s Services, offering care and support based on structure, consistency and nurturing as part of day-to-day living.
· To ensure the safety of each Child or Young Person at all times.
· To be intuitive to Children and Young People’s needs; be it physical or emotional.
· To be alert to any indication of stress or abuse; and monitoring, recording and reporting accordingly.
· To encourage, advise and promote good personal hygiene for all Children and Young People.
· To care for and provide for our Young People’s daily needs, i.e. washing, cooking, ironing, shopping and bathing (if appropriate), and at Barn Owl Way encouraging and supporting a degree of semi-independence for these needs.
· To supervise and engage in a wide range of activities with Children and Young People, escorting to and from given activities by either car or public transport
· To be able to listen to, guide and advise Young People sensitively, offering comfort at times of stress or sadness, and sharing their joy when right to do so.
· To carry out any administrative duties and record information with accuracy:
· Plus any other duties which are found to be appropriate/needed within the lives of Young People in our care and at times be involved in the provision of an after care service.
*A full job description will be provided
Amegreen Children’s Services is an established and respected provider of residential children’s homes having been established in 1987. Our independent children’s homes are rated as Good by Ofsted and provide therapeutic care to children between the ages of 5 and 18 who are unable to live with their families.
Amegreen Children’s Services work incredibly hard to ensure that our young people have the care they need. We are proud of our values and how our teams strive to live by these everyday.
We are located in West Berkshire within easy access of Reading, Newbury, Basingstoke, Swindon and Andover.
We place a lot of importance on looking after our staff as without them we would not be Amegreen Children’s Services. Whatever your position, you are part of a team which is appreciated, valued and respected. Our values stem from an unwavering commitment to make a difference to our children’s lives.
To recognise this we offer the following:
We are actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential.
Amegreen Children’s Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, all positions are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and references.