We are looking for a Chef to join a lovely Special Educational Needs (SEN) school for children aged 7 – 19 living with SEN needs and disabilities.
Salary: £23,665 - £25,665 per annum.
Job Type: Full-time, 40-hours per week, term-time only.
We are recruiting on behalf of one of the UK’s biggest providers of education, care and support for children and young people living with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disabilities. They have an impressive network of Supported Living services, residential homes, schools, and colleges.
As Chef/Cook, you will play a vital role in providing the nutritional needs for the pupils and leading the kitchen team. You will prompt the efficient food preparation, plan menus within budget, ensure health & safety regulations are met, and adhere to any special dietary requirements. Good food makes everyone feel better, so the role of the kitchen is vital in keeping the young people well-nourished and happy.
To find out more about this Chef job vacancy and to apply, then please click on apply or please call Emma on 0113 4166 900.
Social Care & Education Jobs are the UK’s leading Permanent Recruitment experts for the Health & Social Care sector. We are bespoke, unique and a trusted, valued, recruitment partner for candidates and Providers across the UK. We will always manage your application professionally and with the strictest of confidence. We love what we do, we want you to love what we do too!
Functional Skills Maths Tutor (Maternity Cover)
Location: Based in Barnsley (but with travel to other boroughs for pick-ups, you may also be required to visit our sites in South Yorkshire for training and development as needed)
Hours: Full-time (9am-5pm Monday - Friday)
Salary: £26,000 per annum
Contract Term: Temporary/Maternity Cover (Approx. 9 months)
Start Date: ASAP
Supervisor: Tom Simonett / Leanne Whitley
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and nurturing Functional Skills Maths Tutor to work in our Barnsley project to support young people to thrive both inside and outside of the classroom.
You will be based at our thriving centre in Manvers, delivering diverse and engaging Functional Skills Maths lessons from Pre-Entry to Level 2. You will be required to teach 8 x 60 min Maths lessons per week and deliver 1-1 sessions to learners who are unable to take part in a group session, (this could be in the classroom or outside of the classroom at the learner’s accommodation). The rest of your time will be spent assisting in other subject lessons, supporting our learners on enrichment activities, contributing to SEN/D paperwork or barrier busting. You will be delivering to class sizes of between 5-10 learners, but learners will also have support from other staff members during these sessions. You will collect students on your commute to work and take them home at the end of the day.
- Must own your own car in order to carry out student pick-ups, ensuring that the necessary business cover has been added to car insurance and that tax and MOT are in place and maintained
- At least 2 years’ teaching experience with relevant teaching qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience working with young people with SEN/D
- Min. Level 3 qualification in Maths
- Must be prepared to have a reference check carried out prior to interview
- 9 weeks’ holiday per academic year to be taken during school holidays
- Mileage allowance per mile for work related journeys
- Outstanding CPD opportunities with first class training provided
Are you currently working in education and looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with SEN/D? Do you want a job where you will experience genuine job satisfaction?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven SEN/D practitioner to work in our Barnsley project to support young people to thrive both inside and outside of the classroom.
The Really NEET Project is a Post 16 Training Provider that works with 16-24 year old’s with SEN/D who are currently NEET or at risk of being NEET (not in education, employment or training). Our approach is very much person-centred and based around meeting the needs of the learners. Students are taught either one-to-one or in small groups (never more than 10 students, though typically around 5), so being able to build relationships is at the heart of what we do.
If you want to work somewhere that values both its staff and students, then Really NEET would welcome your application.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of NCFE Functional Skills Maths at our Barnsley centre that works specifically with learners ages 16-24yrs of age all with EHCP’s and varying levels of additional need
- There are 30-40 learners on roll but you will teach these in groups of approx. 8-12 learners at a time
- You will teach in small groups or plan and provide one-to-one support and sessions with students when required
- Working with students from Pre-Entry to Level 2 and GCSE if required
- Responsible for comprehensive marking and written and verbal feedback for students
- To assess students’ work, progress and attainment in line with exam board and Really NEET policy
- To develop high-quality teaching materials and schemes of learning that keep students engaged
- Working in conjunction with the Outstanding and Good criteria for OFSTED
- To organise the workshop and classroom, its resources, student groupings and displays in order to provide a stimulating learning environment
- To keep and maintain student and class records for attendance and tracking of progress towards qualifications
- Plan effectively to ensure pupils have the opportunity to meet their potential, taking account of the needs of pupils who are underachieving, those that are able and those that are excelling in Maths
- To meet the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and in collaboration with the SENCO to prepare, implement, monitor and review Individual Educational Packages. To provide a high-quality student experience that enables students to succeed beyond their expectations
- Promote inclusion best practice and contribute to the aims and ethos of the college
- To participate in weekly group engagement activities such as bowling, horse riding, climbing, graffiti workshops etc to ensure you build a strong rapport with all students.
The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the school as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of salary.
The priorities for each year will be reviewed against this job description annually through performance management meetings and appraisals
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all those who work with us to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Clearance check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
So, if you’re seeking an opportunity as a Functional Skills Maths Tutor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
We are recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to join a brand-new specialist school for children aged 11-16 with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disabilities.
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire.
This job/school is located about 30-minutes from Gloucester.
Salary: £17,242 - £23,192 per annum DOE.
Job Type: Full & part-time, permanent job vacancy, term time only.
We are recruiting on behalf of one of the UK’s biggest providers of education, care and support for children and young people with SEN & Learning Disabilities. This school believes in changing lives for the better through education. As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be key in supporting the children with their learning in a safe environment. Each individual student has a personalised curriculum to fit their needs, and all are taught in small classes or with 1:1 support. It is therefore key that you are enthusiastic, proactive, and having a passion for working within the specialist education sector.
You must have knowledge or experience of working with children/young adults with SEN/SEMH needs and GCSE Maths & English at Level 2/C is essential.
Key Information & Benefits
To find out more about this SEN Teaching Assistant job vacancy and to apply, then please click on apply.
Social Care & Education Jobs are the UK’s leading Permanent Recruitment experts for the Health & Social Care and Children’s Specialist Education sector. We are bespoke, unique and a trusted, valued, recruitment partner for candidates and Providers across the UK. We will always manage your application professionally and with the strictest of confidence. We love what we do, we want you to love what we do too!
We are recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to work at a newly opened, special, independent school for children with Learning Disabilities & Autism.
The job is a 25-minute commute from Wrexham. The school is based close to the centre of Chester and is close to public transport routes. The school is a 5-minute walk from the Chester Bus Interchange and a 15-minute walk from the train station.
Salary: £21,350 - £25,000 per annum DOE
Job Type: Full-time, Monday – Friday 8:45am – 16:45pm. Term time only.
We are recruiting on behalf of a day and residential school are for up to 75 Children and young adults aged between 4 – 19 living with Learning Disabilities, Autism, and challenging behaviours. As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be working within a newly refurbished, historic setting and you will be key in providing education support to the children in all areas of school life. You will act as key worker for 1 pupil, helping to create a positive learning environment, so it is vital that you are enthusiastic, proactive, and having a passion for working within the sector.
You must have experience of working within a Special Educational Needs (SEN) school or service, and ideally experience working with children and young adults aged 4-19.
To find out more about this SEN Teaching Assistant job vacancy and to apply, then please click on apply.
Social Care & Education Jobs are the UK’s leading Permanent Recruitment experts for the Health & Social Care and Children’s sector. We are bespoke, unique and a trusted, valued, recruitment partner for candidates and Providers across the UK. We will always handle your application professionally and with the strictest of confidence. We love what we do, we want you to love what we do too!