Support Worker (FTC)
Vacancy Salary: £18,090.60 to £19,860.93pa
Vacancy Location: Cornwall
This is a temporary/fixed-term contract
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join our inspiring and friendly team at our Cornwall community service.
If you would like to work for a leading mental health charity in a rewarding role where you will really make a difference, then join us here at Rethink Mental Illness.
Your role will be a field-based position covering the geographical area of Cornwall. You will work full-time, 35 hours per week on a 12 month fixed-term contract with a salary of £18,090.60 to £19,860.93pa. You can read more about the rewards you will receive by selecting the apply button.
Our Cornwall community service offers support across Cornwall to those impacted by a serious mental illness. The service offers 1:1 support, advice and guidance, signposting and support to access community lead groups. We offer interventions through identified goals which are then added to support plans to work through with your client. Once the goals have been achieved, we would then review the support plan and aim towards a successful completion. Due to the complexity of some of the work we carry out, clients will work towards soft outcomes meaning our aim is to improve the quality of life and help sustain the ability to manage the individuals mental health independently.
How will you make a difference?
As a Support Worker, you will:
- Provide key worker support to individuals living with mental illness, including one-to-one individual or group support, liaising with other mental health agencies on behalf of people who use our services.
- Enable individuals to self-manage their personal and domestic resources and to undertake activities of daily living.
- Enable and encourage individuals to find out about local services and facilities within their community and facilitate access to alternative services where specific needs are identified.
- Carry out all needs assessments, individual safety and support planning within organisational and legislative requirements.
- Encourage service users to recognise, understand and manage factors that affect their mental wellbeing and physical health.
What we are looking for?
Ideally, you will have:
- Experience of providing support to people with a mental illness or experience of providing care and/or support services within another social care setting in either a paid or voluntary capacity.
- The ability to make a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s situation and needs; to develop, implement and review risk management plans and devise support plans to meet these needs.
- QCF Diploma or NVQ level 3 in Care or Certificate in Community Mental Healthcare (or working towards) or an equivalent qualification.
The Recruitment Advisor looking after this role is Sylwia Kraska-Pakulska. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to contact her.
Who are we?
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this.
So, if you would like to join us as a Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.