Location: Based in Hainault, East London (but with travel to other boroughs for pick-ups, you may also be required to visit our sites in South Yorkshire for training and development as needed)
Hours: Full-time (9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday)
Salary: £27,600 per annum
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
- Must own your own car in order to carry out student pick ups, ensuring that the necessary business cover has been added to car insurance and that tax and MOT are in place and maintained
- At least 2 years’ teaching experience with relevant teaching qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience working with young people with SEN/D
- Min. Level 3 qualification in Art
- Must be prepared to have a reference check carried out prior to interview
- 9 weeks’ holiday per academic year to be taken during school holidays
- Mileage allowance per mile for work related journeys
- Outstanding CPD opportunities with first class training provided
Are you currently working in education and looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with SEN/D? Do you want a job where you will experience genuine job satisfaction?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven SEN/D practitioner to work in our East London project to support young people to thrive both inside and outside of the classroom.
The Really NEET Project is a Post 16 Training Provider that works with 16-24 year old’s with SEN/D who are currently NEET or at risk of being NEET (not in education, employment or training). Our approach is very much person centred and based around meeting the needs of the learners. Students are taught either one-to-one or in small groups (never more than 10 students, though typically around 5), so being able to build relationships is at the heart of what we do.
If you want to work somewhere that values both its staff and students, then Really NEET would welcome your application.
For more information on our organisation please visit our website.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of NCFE Creative Craft qualification at our Hainault centre that works specifically with learners ages 16-24yrs of age all with EHCPs and varying levels of additional need
- There are approx. 20 learners on roll but you will teach these in groups of approx. 6-8 learners at a time
- You will teach in small groups or plan and provide one to one support and sessions with students when required
- Working with students from Pre-Entry to Level 2 and GCSE if required
- Responsible for comprehensive marking and written and verbal feedback for students
- To assess students’ work, progress and attainment in line with exam board and Really NEET policy
- To develop high quality teaching materials and schemes of learning that keep students engaged
- Working in conjunction with the Outstanding and Good criteria for OFSTED
- To organise the workshop and classroom, its resources, student groupings and displays in order to provide a stimulating learning environment
- To keep and maintain student and class records for attendance and tracking of progress towards qualifications
- Plan effectively to ensure pupils have the opportunity to meet their potential, taking into account the needs of pupils who are underachieving, those that are able and those that are excelling in Art
- To meet the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and in collaboration with the SENCO to prepare, implement, monitor and review Individual Educational Packages
- To provide a high-quality student experience that enables students to succeed beyond their expectations
- Promote Inclusion best practice and contribute to the aims and ethos of the college
- To participate in weekly group engagement activities such as bowling, horse riding, climbing, graffiti workshops etc to ensure you build a strong rapport with all students
- To carry out student pick ups/drop offs to and from home using your own car that is covered by your own business insurance (you will be given a mileage allowance)
The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the school as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of salary.
The priorities for each year will be reviewed against this job description annually through performance management meetings and appraisals.
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all those who work with us to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Clearance check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
So, if you’re looking to make a difference as an Art Tutor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.