Senior Supervising Social Worker – 10 month contract
Basic Salary: Up to £36,000
Benefits: £1,000 Car Allowance, 30 days' Annual Leave (rising to 35 days' with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2, Employee Discount Scheme & Medical Cash Plan
Base location: Home Based
Covering Location: North East region of England
Fostering People are an innovative developing provider with an outstanding inspection rating. We have a reputation for providing exceptional support, to our children, foster carers and to our dedicated staff team. Established in 2000, our reputation and positive approach has enabled us to achieve growth in the fostering sector. We have received 3 consecutive Outstanding inspections from Ofsted. Our 2019 inspection report highlighted the following:
- Staff and managers work proactively and closely with a wide range of involved agencies and professionals. They constantly strive to learn and improve the services that they provide.
- Carers report being very happy working for this agency. They feel that the assessment process is robust and fair. They have excellent support from their supervising social workers, as well as managers in the agency. They attend support groups and regular events with their birth and looked after children. They feel highly valued and respected as carer.
- Agency staff report exceptionally high levels of satisfaction in their roles. They feel well supported, trained and respected. Training opportunities for staff and carers are excellent.
What we are looking for and what to expect from us
- We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Supervising Social Worker for our friendly and dynamic team to work with foster carers in the North East area, primarily covering areas such as Teesside, Tyneside and Northumberland. You will be responsible for the recruitment, training, assessment, support and supervision of a range of foster carers ensuring high quality placements for looked after children.
- This is a temporary post for approx. 10 months to cover maternity leave of our permanent member of staff.
- One of our long-serving now retired Supervising Social Worker said this about her experiences of working for Fostering People:
- “Fostering People are a fantastic company to work for where you really feel as though you can make a difference to children’s lives. You will feel well supported by your line manager and also by senior management – it’s a very open and inclusive environment where you feel able to share your ideas and have them listened to. Working at Fostering People gives you the opportunity to enhance your skills and knowledge and to develop your specific areas of interest “
- An enthusiastic and committed self-starter with the ability to work independently but also skilled in keeping in touch with team members and carers, the successful candidate will have excellent assessment skills and will be a strong communicator, both written and verbal with good IT skills and be able to produce a high standard of report writing.
- You will need to be a qualified Social Worker and hold a current HCPC registration, with recent experience in fostering and services for children. You will possess a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures in relation to fostering and safeguarding.
- As an innovative agency we are seeking applicants that possess a real drive and share our creative vision, whether you’re new to fostering or an experienced supervising social worker.
- This is a full time, fixed-term post which is home based and comes with a highly attractive starting salary of up to £36,000 per annum dependent on experience plus car allowance & excellent benefits. We also offer a generous holiday allowance starting at 30 days rising to 35 in line with service plus bank holidays, bike to work and contributory pension schemes.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy please contact Lynne Maddocks on 07970 081444.
To be considered please submit an application and we will be in touch to discuss.
No agencies please.
Fostering People is an equal opportunities employer and has been awarded the disability confident employer by the jobcentre plus. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.