I spend every day interviewing experienced Operations Managers, Registered Managers, Care Coordinators, Nurses, Field Care Supervisors and also those that have never worked in care before. One thing that is very important to me when I am carrying out my interviews is to get the "Wow Factor" so what does the "Wow factor" look like, to me, these are some of the things that make me love a candidate.
- They come alive when you asking them to give you an example of a positive outcome they have had with one of their Service Users.
- They tell you the story of why they went into care and they make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck
- They tell you all the little things they do to go above and beyond
- They are an excellent role model and inspiration to others.
- They love it when they see a colleague do well.
- When you feel their passion!
You do not get any of the above from reading a CV! Someone could write the worst CV in all the world and then you speak to them and "WOW"
Have you ever been really wowed? Has anyone ever reduced you to tears (I certainly have) if you would love to share your story and would love to write a blog article for our website please do get in touch with Robbie Gallagher our Marketing Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 0113 8160204